Skip to main content

Featured

the immigrant and the exile

The expatriate remains patriotic - loving their country from a distance. Their loyalty does not waver.

The immigrant is a foreigner that works in another country as a result of some form of escape, some desperate act.

The exile does not love their country, and it can be said that their country rejected them.

Which one wakes up homesick?

Which one can shrug off the betrayal, the long shadow of the dream of a better life when it sours and fades?

There are days when  I see no difference between the immigrant and the exile, two sides of the same coin. The expat is a blind romantic, their decisions set as young men and women, their senses dulled to nothing. I have started to understand I am not an expat any more, as I do not love my country. I tolerate it.

окна (window)



Comments

Mely said…
For a moment, I was there.
You are quite an artist, no doubt about it!
Love the music, too.

Happy Valentine!!
Rabbit blogger said…
thanks for all of the comments. this took a number of days to produce, as always - a labor of love fit between the daily struggles. a friend and reader asked me if i would ever make a filmic version of the blog, and this is what came out. i may post the parallel story and text for this one, next monday.
1:12 - 1:28 bit is totally awesome, my favorite! Especially the lady that appears - she looks somehow broken to me, really cool.
S Sommer said…
Marco, did you compose and play the music? I love it all. See some new aspect with each viewing. Fascinating.

SS
Rabbit blogger said…
yes, i did write the music - the rule in my studio is to do everything in 1 take. there is a ghost of a harmonica i play in there as well. got to try to keep things restrained....

Popular Posts

best personal blogs
best personal blogs